Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Subject: Social Studies
Topic: Classroom rules
Hey I am a new student at school. Hey I am John and the school rules are:
What are some of the school rules? speak softly in class, say please and you
and listen to your teacher.
Instructions: Get your notebook ready.
Make sure your heading for today is clearly and neatly written up.
Now get ready to read and write in your notebook.
A rule is something that tells you what you are allowed or not allowed to do.
We should obey rules, because they help to keep us safe.
At school there are rules. There are class rules too.
Here are some examples:
1. Speak softly in class.
2. Finish your class work on time.
3. always keep your classroom clean.
4. Say “please” and thank you.
5. Tell the truth.
6. Say “Excuse me” and “You’re welcome”.
7. Raise your hand and wait to speak.
8. Be kind.
9. Listen to you teacher.
10. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
Activity 1: Read the passage above and write it in your notebook.
Activity 2: Watch the following videos.
Answer the following questions in your Social Studies exercise book.
- What is a rule?
- Why should we obey rules at school?
- Name one of the class rules.
- Why are we to speak softly in class?
- How are we to keep our classroom?
- Draw a picture of bits of paper on the floor?