Topic: Growing healthy
Instructions: Get your notebook ready. Make sure your heading for
today is clearly and neatly written up. Now get ready to read and
write in your notebook.
We need to eat a balanced diet every day.
Our food should include something from the groups of “Go foods”, “Glow foods”,
and “Grow foods”.
Example of these foods:
1. Go foods are starchy foods. They give us the energy we need to keep
us going. They help us not to feel too tired and lazy.
2. Grow foods provide us with protein. They help to build our bodies
and make us strong for each day.
3. Glow foods are fruits and vegetables. They have vitamins and
minerals that help to give us a bright healthy look.
Students will watch the following video on healthy
foods followed by a discussion.
Exploratory Activity: Complete each sentence by filling in the missing
1. Grow foods provide us with pr_ t_ _ n
2. Fruits and vegetables are G_ _ _ foods.
3. Go foods are st_r_hy foods.
Students will answer the following questions for home
work in their Science exercise book.
Write the names of four foods under each heading.
Go foods Grow foods Glow foods
1. _____________ _____________ _______________
2. _____________ _____________ _______________
3. _____________ _____________ _______________
4. _____________ _____________ _______________
Home School Environment workbook pages 70, 71, 72 and 73.