Subject: Social Studies
Topic: Classroom rules
Objective(s): Students should be able to:
1. Follow rules and obey them.
A rule is something that tells you what you are allowed or not allowed to do.
We should obey rules, because they help to keep us safe. At school there are rules.
There are class rules too.
Here are some examples: 1. Speak softly in class, 2. Finish your class work on time
3. always keep your classroom clean, 4. Say “please” and thank you, 5. Tell the truth
6. Say “Excuse me” and “You’re welcome”, 7. Raise your hand and wait to speak,
8. Be kind 9. Listen to you teacher, 10. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
Engagement activity: Students will watch the following videos followed by a discussion.
Exploratory activity: Students will observe the following picture followed by a discussion.
1. What is a rule?
2. Why should we obey rules at school?
3. Name one of the class rules.
4. Why are we to speak softly in class?
5. How are we to keep our classroom?
6. Draw a picture of bits of paper on the floor?