Date: September 23, 2020
Subject: Language Arts
Topic: Proper Nouns
Proper nouns are special names of people, places animals and
things. They are special names of common nouns. Proper nouns
are so special, they are always written with capital letters.
Common nouns Proper noun
- Dentist Dentist Grey
- Restaurant The Captain’s Restaurant
- Bird Polly
- Book Grade Three Integrated Phonics Workbook
The nouns in the following sentences are written in red.
Write C above the word if the noun is a common noun.
Write the letter P if the noun is a proper noun.
1. Mrs. March told us that we breathe in air.
2. The dental nurse spoke to the class about caring for our teeth.
3. Spit Five, the police canine, attacked the thief.
4. Leon used his incisors and canines to cut and tear the sugarcane.
5. Cory visited the Mandeville Dental Clinic to clean his teeth.
6. “I can find molars at the back of my mouth,” said Karen.
7. “A tooth is made up of two parts called the crown and the root,” replied Dr. Marshall.
8. Miss Joy, the vendor, sells ripe bananas, apples, plums and naseberries.
9. Mary likes to eat Grace Cornmeal Porridge and boiled eggs for breakfast.
10.Miss Charmaine the vendor, gives service to her community.
Have fun little genius?