Spelling Test – October 9, 2020
Dunrobin Christian Academy
Read and select the correct answer.
Drinking alcohol and taking antibiotics can be extremely (lethal, leathal). 2. This line of traffic will eventually (dwindel, dwindle). 3. The court decided to (revoioke, revoke) Warren's parole and send him back to prison. 4. Scotch bonnet peppers and onions were (copious, copeous) this season. 5. All the children at the shelter has now become Mrs Johnson's (liability, lieability). 6. During the pandemic food supply was (sparse, sparese). 7. Mr. Benson who wonders from place to place, and is constantly begging is a (vagrant, vagarant). 8. Mrs. Clarke had to (convene, convein) an emergency meeting to resolve the situation at hand. 9. Unlawfully taking any painting from the museum is considered to be (larseny, larceny). 10. The Right Honourable Norman Manley was Jamaica's first and only (premeir, premier) from 1959-1962. 11. Dr.Chang took the time to (reiterate, reitarate) the importance of wearing a mask and sanitizing your hands. 12. The artist chose to use a more (somebre, sombre) colour for his painting to imply loneliness and despair. 13. The (delapidated, dilapidated) house on our street is sure to lower the value of the other homes in the neighborhood. 14. Little Suzi loves to (frolic, folick) on the sand. 15. Charity fundraising for the boys home is (bienial, biennial). 16. It is common (etiquette, etiquet) to sit properly as young ladies. 17. Various (ethnic, etnic) groups speak English. 18. Julie and her baby died because of (neglegence, negligence) at the hospital. 19. A (broshure, brochure) is a small book or magazine containing pictures and information about a product or service. 20. Canada is a family (orriented, oriented) country with lots of opportunities.
Chose the correct spelling for each
21. A. Intemittantly B. Intermetàntly. C. Intermittenly. D. Intermittently
22. A. Sangsion. B. Sanction. C. Sancshun D. Sandshon
23. A. Uncouth B. Uncooth C. Uncoth. D. Huncouth
24. A. Metigate B. Mithigate. C. Mitigate D. Mitegate
25. A. Thrifty B. Threfifty. C. Trifty D. Thriftie
Observe the following clues and fill in the missing letters for each word.
26. p __ t__ b__ e (easily carried or moved).
27. __ xc __ rs __ __ n. (taken as leisure activity)
28. co __ __ ime__ t (gives special flavour to food)
29. f__ as__ b__ e. ( possible to do easily)
30. __ __ co__ u__ ( behaviour in keeping with good taste)
31. __ __ m__ er__e (large scale activity of buying and selling)
32. ad__ o__ I__ __ (gently warn)
33. me__ g__ __ (very thin)
34. el__ g__ble ( allowed to do or obtain something)
35. d__ ter__ __nt (to discourage or prevent someone or something)
36 – 40 Identify the misspelt words that are in the sentences and correct them.
Steven is a hardworking student, who is ambedextros and performs extremely well in school. However, his sister Sally, is always feeling tired and a little lathargick. The children are always racing their classmates to form a qeueu at the canteen. Mrs. Lindsay simultaineously distributes the lunches, juices and popsicles. Adapting to such culchure is unacceptable as this creates too much confusion.
Ajacent to the canteen is the principal’s office, and no matter how much Mrs. Lindsay informs the children to be quiet, and refrain from their raucous behaviour, they never listen. Mr. Thompson who’s an afluent figure of the Children’s Organization is always giving motivational speeches to encourage good behaviour.