The above chart shows monthly budget for Archer Family. How much of the income does the family spend on food, including groceries and dining out?
Solution: From the graph, we see that the whole circle represents the total monthly income and each individual sector represents the expense. From the question, we need to find out the expense on food, including groceries and dining out.
We see that the family spends 21% on grocery and another 8% on dining out. Thus the total food expense is 29%
We need to find out 29% of $2000. Food Expense =
29/100 x 2000 = $580